Metro Brands, is an Indian multibrand footwear retail company based in Mumbai. Metro Brands operates from a network of 600+ Metro showrooms in India.
Inteliwaves has been engaged with Metro Brands since April 2022 for project specific requirements such as rolling out Company Code, streamlining processes, developing custom solutions for business requirements, etc.
Key Challenges Faced by Client
- The creation of Vendor Master Data relies on departmental emails sent manually to the master data team, which introduces a risk of missing emails.
- There is a lack of clear transparency regarding whether the master data team has acknowledged and initiated the vendor creation process after receiving the email
- The master data team’s valuable time is consumed by manually searching and processing emails, manually extraction data from legal documents.
- The process of vendor creation lacks a TAT tracking mechanism, resulting in a lack of visibility and accountability for timely completion.
- There is a possibility of creating duplicate vendors as well.
- We understood the current process & also listed all the challenges faced in the process. Based on which we designed our solution that leverages BTP capabilities.
- Based on the requirement’s, data was automatically extracted from legal documents by using SAP BTP Document extraction service & duplication checks were placed.
- The approver can view the data extracted along with the scanned copies uploaded, before a vendor is created.
- Rule based logic was defined for various fields such as Reconciliation account, Payment method, etc.
- The implementation of a Maker and Checker functionality for the created Vendor Master Data ensures a robust validation process and enhances data accuracy through a dual-approval system.
- Once a vendor is created in SAP, all the documents initially uploaded are available in SAP DMS with reference to the respective vendor code.
Value Delivered by Inteliwaves
- We streamlined the processes, ensuring efficient, seamless integration and enhanced data management capabilities.
- All essential functionalities related to vendor creation, including vendor creation requests, vendor master approval/confirmation, and TAT (Turnaround Time) reporting, are consolidated within a single transaction, simplifying the overall process and providing comprehensive control and monitoring capabilities.
- By employing this solution, there is a transparent and accountable audit trail even before a vendor is created.
- The system is designed to automatically trigger emails upon the submission of a vendor creation request, as well as after the successful creation of a vendor, ensuring timely notifications and improved communication.